Monday, March 4, 2013

Deborah Lippmann Careless Whisper + a brief update

Hi friends! Sorry I haven't been blogging quite as much lately. My job has been keeping me busy, and at home, I have been trying to spend less of my spare time blogging and more of it exercising and cooking healthy meals. (It's working - I am 10 pounds down so far!) Now, though, I am on a "staycation" for a week - YAY! - and I am working on some exciting things to share with you: a fab giveaway; my first joint post with another artist/makeup lover, showcasing lots of looks on both of us with a palette we both adore; and another blog sale, which I will alert you all about right away when it's up. I am going to try to have all three of these posted within the week. We'll see how that goes! I may end up interspersing these with other posts that require less writing, editing, and prep work if I start losing my mind. :)

ANYWAY! Here is Deborah Lippmann Careless Whisper, which I saw on The Beauty Look Book and decided I must try. I swatched the tester on one nail at Nordstrom, decided after about two minutes that I couldn't wait for their trend show in a few weeks to take it home with me, and bought it on the spot. I put it on the next day and have just been loving it since!



I don't know how to describe the color... peachy-pinky-champagney-beigey-goodness? The shimmer is delicate but clearly visible, not at all "hidden," but neither is it frosty or streaky at all. These pictures were taken after two days of wear - as you can see, there is slight tip wear but no chipping. If you can stomach my dry cuticles, I encourage you to click the second image to view full-size so you can see the shimmer! I was able to achieve opaque coverage in three thin coats, but if you prefer, I think two thick coats would have the same effect. As with most Deborah Lippmann polishes I've tried, Careless Whisper was super smooth and easy to apply.

I have to say that I think this is a polish that looks more flattering on me in real life than in the pictures. It's a bit of a chameleon, looking like my skin tone (as it does above) in some lighting situations and looking like a girly pink or a pale rose-gold in others. When I look at my hands, I want to breathe out a little "squee!" at how elegant and pretty my nails look, despite my preference for keeping them at a longer length than this. Love it!

2 comments:

  1. Wauu..this color is so great. I love nude nailpolishes. They are perfect for any occasion and and any season. I'll have to look for this one :)
    I have browsed through couple of your posts and I really liked what I saw so I followed you :)
    Come check out my blog and if you like it you can follow me too on GFC or FB but you totaly don't have to :)
    Anyways, I'll be coming here more often. You have an amazing blog :D
    Greatings from Sarajevo <3
    Lejla <3
    http://ladybug4sunflower.blogspot.com/

    Btw. there's a giveaway on my blog so feel free to enter :)
    http://ladybug4sunflower.blogspot.com/2013/02/giveaway-thboxescom.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I thnk this may be my first DL polish....

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome, but if you are here to spam your link, your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful. Thanks!