Thursday, February 14, 2013

Products we used up in January


Dior Forever Invisible Retouch Powder, shade #001: This was a product I received as gratis over a year ago when I worked for Dior. I thought it was decent enough that I used it all the way up, but I confess it was a chore for me - this is not even close to my favorite powder for setting or blotting makeup. I would not repurchase it.

Paula's Choice Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid: reviewed here.

Not pictured because I didn't see it in my "used up" drawer until after I took the pictures: another Maybelline Define-a-Brow pencil in Dark Blonde. Still love it! Reviewed here.


Anthony Logistics for Men Glycolic Facial Cleanser: Boyfriend used this up. He didn't love it: he says he doesn't think it did any more for his skin than rinsing it with water would. He liked the scent but  felt it left a residue on his face, which he found unpleasant. This was a Sephora Beauty Insider birthday gift, and he will not buy one to replace it now that it's gone.

Neutrogena Night Calming Makeup Removing Wipes (lavender package): reviewed here.

Neutrogena Makeup Removing Cleansing Wipes (blue package): as I've said in previous posts, I don't use these on my face, only for swatching (for which they work wonderfully).

Clinique Take the Day Off eye makeup remover (GWP): reviewed here.


Philosophy Mangos and Cream 3-in-1: When I first smelled this, I LOVED it and HAD to have it. However, as with many Philosophy scents, the bottle is so huge that I got a little tired of the scent by the time I had used it up 75% of the way through. That last little bit took me forever! :) I do like the fresh mango scent of this, though, and would probably enjoy it more in the summertime.

Klorane Gentle Dry Shampoo with Oat Milk: Honestly... meh. I used this up because I found it cleaning out my bathroom and figured I might as well - fortunately for me it was almost empty when I found it, because I don't like it nearly as much as my Batiste dry shampoos (the blonde color or the blush scent). Its spray is so fine that I feel like I have to spray it a ton more than the Batiste ones to achieve the desired effect... ain't nobody got time for that!

Batiste Light & Blonde Dry Shampoo: reviewed here. I quite like this, though I think I will repurchase the blush one in the future rather than the blonde... if I ever get golden highlights or in general end up with warmer-toned blonde hair, I would repurchase the blonde.

And now I've typed the word "blonde" so many times that my brain is convinced it's no longer a real word and I must have spelled it wrong. Bedtime for Kristina!

1 comment:

  1. I love empties posts :) I really want to try the Batiste Dry Shampoo. Everyone seems to love it!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome, but if you are here to spam your link, your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful. Thanks!