Sunday, January 6, 2013

Just for fun: Red, burgundy, and berry blush swatches

I used to think, as someone with very fair skin, I couldn't wear any bright or dark-colored blushes, only pale, natural pinks, corals, and nudes. Well, the day I tried on a red blush and discovered how incredibly wrong I was - what an amazing, just-in-from-the-cold flush! - the obsession began, and I somehow went from having zero reddish blushes to having over ten. And I love them ALL!

Now, bear in mind that these vary in pigmentation - I layered/built the sheerer ones up to opacity so you could easily tell the differences between the colors. If you have questions about specific colors, feel free to ask in the comments. This also looks like a huge range of colors all together, but I assure you, if you put any one of these next to a natural pink blush you'll think it looks "red," so that's why they're all grouped together. In general I would categorize them all independently as either red, berry, or burgundy.

From left to right, we have (with links to my reviews where applicable): Rouge Bunny Rouge Orpheline, Tarte Natural Beauty, Rock and Republic X-Rated, Inglot AMC Blush 66, Illamasqua Panic, the far left shade (Lantern) in the Sleek Pumpkin blush trio, Dolce and Gabbana Sole, Shiseido Camellia compact (all shades blended together), Chanel Rouge Joues Contraste, Maybelline Ravishing Rouge, Sleek Flushed, NARS Mounia, Inglot Blush 43, and Rouge Bunny Rouge Florita. Please click to view full size!

Outdoors:



Flash:


Close-up of Rouge Bunny Rouge Orpheline, Tarte Natural Beauty, Rock and Republic X-Rated, Inglot AMC Blush 66, Illamasqua Panic, the far left shade (Lantern) in the Sleek Pumpkin blush trio, and Dolce and Gabbana Sole:


Close-up of Shiseido Camellia compact (all shades blended together), Chanel Rouge Joues Contraste, Maybelline Ravishing Rouge, Sleek Flushed, NARS Mounia, Inglot Blush 43, and Rouge Bunny Rouge Florita:


Since I know you'll ask which ones are my favorites, they are: Illamasqua Panic, Dolce and Gabbana Sole, Chanel Rouge, NARS Mounia, and Rouge Bunny Rouge Florita. Which ones do you like best? Have I compelled you to want any of these, or perhaps made you realize you don't actually need one you thought you did after all?

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Stunning swatches!!! It's hard to comment when I'm trying to wipe the drool with my sleeve.
    I adore Orpheline and wear it all the time. I recently added Sole to my "brights" and use it to light my face up! Love it!

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome, but if you are here to spam your link, your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful. Thanks!