Friday, October 12, 2012

Products we used up in September

This is long overdue, but oh well! Here is the (much more meager) offering of products DBF and I used up in September.


Neutrogena Oil-Free Acne Stress Control Power-Cream Wash: DBF used this up. He says the cooling sensation felt good while he was using it but leaves a filmy layer on your face afterward, which he strongly dislikes. We would not repurchase.

L'Oreal Men's Expert Power Buff Exfoliator: DBF and I both used this for a while; I am not sure if it's discontinued or not, but I don't recall seeing it in stores recently. I found it to be a microdermabrasion-type scrub, very abrasive but effective. I could never use it more than once a week and found it awful to use on breakouts, but I did love how smooth my skin felt after using it. DBF says it worked great before a shave and he felt it numbed the skin a little, but it's "super super sandpaper-y and don't overdo it or it will hurt." We probably would not repurchase, as he's been using and loving the Clinique men's scrub/exfoliating scrub (same product, different packaging) instead, and I prefer to use Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid myself.

Diorshow mascara: I really like the soft, fluttery lash look I get from this mascara, but I find it flakes off on me after several hours so I have little black flecks on my cheeks, and it's not even remotely water-resistant enough for it to hold up next to my watery eyes. (As it's already a drier mascara, I found the waterproof version to be even more dry and flaky - not for me.) It IS really pretty on though, so I will sometimes use it anyway! I received this tube free when I worked for Dior; I don't think that I would repurchase for full-price now, but I'd certainly accept another free tube, haha. Of all the Dior mascaras, though, I do like the Extase best.

Victoria's Secret Dream Angels Heavenly body wash: Ohhh, how I love this stuff. I would use it all the time if I could, and this is honestly probably close to the tenth one I've used up over the years (I don't always keep it stocked for myself, just buy it occasionally as a treat). It feels glorious on my sensitive skin and smells wonderful, and I find the smell does linger a bit after I use it. Family/friends, if you're reading my blog, this would make an excellent stocking stuffer for me! Haha :)

We'll have more for you next month - thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome, but if you are here to spam your link, your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful. Thanks!