Sunday, October 7, 2012

Deborah Lippmann Rock This Town trio for Holiday 2012

UPDATE: I originally mislabeled this post Rock the World trio and have been rightfully corrected that it is Rock This Town. Oops! Sorry!

When I saw this trio at Nordstrom last week, I couldn't resist picking it up - the shades are right up my alley, they have my favorite "mix of crazy colors plus SPARKLEZ" finish, and I get excellent wear out of all the Deborah Lippmann polishes I've purchased so far, so this was a no-brainer for me. The bottles are all full-size too, which makes the bottles only $14 each (the set was $42). I consider that a steal when Lippmanns are normally $16-20 each and I get longer-than-average wear out of them!

Here is the set (minus the golden lid, because the clear plastic "window" and my camera flash didn't get along) in all of its holiday glory:


And here are the swatches! I do need to apologize for the inconsistent lighting across the set; I wanted to actually WEAR each polish, not just swatch it, and here in the Pacific Northwest the sun likes to play hide and seek, so although I took all three sets of swatch pictures during the afternoon on their respective days, the lighting is not even remotely consistent between them. Sorry about that.

First is Moon Dance, which I got a couple of lovely sheet marks on - but I think it accentuates its beauty, don't you?



Chain Reaction (please ignore the chili on my index finger's cuticle. I took these pics while cooking and didn't notice it was there until I went through the pics later. My bad!):



Phoenix Rising (this one in particular is NOT done justice by these pics - it looks ruddy and blah here but is far prettier in real life - I got several compliments on it):



Also, you know who else likes to play hide and seek in addition to the sun here in the Northwest? SPOCK THE KITTEN.



(He's not very good at it. I win every time.)

Disclaimer: I purchased the products featured in this post myself. Even the cat, if you count adoption fees.

7 comments:

  1. These are pretty! I really like the first two, but the third would totally not work with my skin tone. Nice swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spock Rocks the World! Nice swatches!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your swatches. Will definitely be purchasing these after seeing them on you :)

    I also had a kitty named Spock! He died this summer at the ripe old age of 21. Spock was the perfect name for him because he had an uncanny resemblance to Leonard Nimoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww... at least your Spock lived long and prospered! :) We hope ours will be with us for that long. He's only about six months old now and I already panic at the thought of ever losing him. He's like my firstborn! *hugs*

      Delete
  4. Pretty shades...love all three!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty! Did you manage to grab those NOPI Target exclusives with similar crazy-sparkle-mix finish? Just Busta Mauve & the others? I think Moon Dance looks similar to Just Busta Mauve. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought For Gold Times Sake and still haven't decided if I like it on me or not, haha. I saw Just Busta Mauve in the store but it didn't appeal to me so I didn't pick it up - I think it's got a more mauve-y and maroon-y base color than Moon Dance does, but I haven't tried it on my nails, so I can't be positive.

      Delete

All comments are welcome, but if you are here to spam your link, your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful. Thanks!