Tuesday, August 7, 2012

OPI Just Spotted The Lizard (on two skintones!)

Yo!

So I'm on vacation right now hanging out at my dad's house, and my sister Naomi asked me to paint her nails (always love to do that!). She picked OPI Just Spotted the Lizard (terrible name, by the way) out of the meager stash of polishes I brought with me for sharing, and I loved it so much on her I decided to put it on myself as well. So, here are some pics of it on BOTH of us! Naomi doesn't wear makeup so I have no clue what her MAC equivalent would be - maybe NC25, with NC30 hands and arms? And I am obviously the paler of the two of us, at more like N-NW10. As you probably are already aware, OPI Just Spotted the Lizard is a close dupe of Chanel Peridot. This is three coats on both of us plus Seche Vite top coat. Application was totally standard, not especially good or bad. I think this polish could be more brushstroke-y if you didn't carefully paint in straight lines, though.

Here is Just Spotted the Lizard on Naomi and I, and then just on me in the last two pics. Sorry about my horribly dry cuticles, I forgot to bring any hand lotion or cuticle treatments with me on the trip =/





Yay! It's probably also worth noting that I like this more on me in real life than I like it in the pictures...

Disclaimer: I purchased the product(s) featured in this post myself.

2 comments:

  1. i would definitely agree this polish is a lot more dimensional/beautiful in person. it has more of a tarnished gold (on high points) to a teal-green (on lower points) on my nails. must be hard to photograph though! love that you showed how it looks on other skintones

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome, but if you are here to spam your link, your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful. Thanks!