Friday, August 3, 2012

L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows

Here's another product I like a lot and own a lot of - L'Oreal Infallible eyeshadows. These are similar to Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Intense eyeshadows but are far less expensive and most of the L'Oreal shades are less nuanced/complex than the ETKIs. I believe they're actually close to the same formula, as L'Oreal owns Giorgio Armani, but again, the ETKI shades are more complex (and their packaging is better) so it's worth it to me to have some of both. The Infallibles have the same spongy, pressed-pigment texture I described in my ETKI post. I generally apply them with my fingertips and blend them out the same way - in fact, I find applied that way I rarely need to do much blending at all.

Here are the colors I have!

Natural light:


Flash:


Natural light:


(What happened to my other flash pic? Sorry, I guess my computer ate it...)

By the way, that last one in the picture of neutrals is Bottomless Java, if you can't read the label. The other colors, for the purposes of making this more accessible to Google searchers, are: Pink Sapphire, Glistening Garnet, Perpetual Purple, Smoldering Plum, Midnight Blue, Liquid Diamond, Infinite Sky, Golden Sage, Golden Emerald, Endless Sea, Iced Latte, Eternal Sunshine, Gold Imperial, Gleaming Bronze, and Bronzed Taupe.

And some more pictures of the same swatches, just because they're pretty:






My personal favorites are Golden Sage, Golden Emerald, Iced Latte, Gold Imperial (it's not showing 100% in the pics, but this one is super sparkly and TO DIE FOR if you like golds at ALL), Gleaming Bronze, and Bronzed Taupe. Yum. Do you love these as much as I do? Which colors do you have and/or plan to get?

Disclaimer: I purchased the product(s) featured in this post myself.

3 comments:

  1. Iced Latte has been my go to highlight shade. The taupe one looks beautiful! I'm going to have to pick it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi I purchased the midnight blue color because of this pic that you made. I was very disappointed...it didnt look anywhere near as vibrant as it did in your pic. Is there something im not doing right? I just swatched a little on my finger and applied it to my arm and it was super super light...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Did you apply it over primer? That makes a big difference… I also tend to swatch heavily, not lightly, because I want to show colors clearly. If you tried all of that already, it may be that you got one from a bad batch and should exchange it...

      Delete

All comments are welcome, but if you are here to spam your link, your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful. Thanks!