Sunday, April 29, 2012

Sephora + Pantone Tangerine Tango Lipstick and Blush Duo - Swatches, Review, Comparisons, and FOTD

Boy, that title is a mouthful!

I'm going to try to keep this short and sweet because I want to go to sleep. :) I'm afraid if I don't do it tonight, it'll be another month before I get this posted - tonight's pics were taken a full month ago! Whoops.

So, I bought the Sephora + Pantone Tangerine Tango lipstick and blush duo in March. I never would have thought of myself as someone who'd be comfortable in orange, let alone enjoy it, but I love these. They're very wearable, even on my cool-toned skin. Evidence to follow!

First, the product photos:



The boxes are astonishingly heavy to hold, but that's not due to the outer packaging but rather the magnetic closures of the products themselves inside. As such, the lid of the blush can be completely removed and later replaced:



The lipstick is opaque with a smooth, shiny finish. It wears well on my lips, leaving a bit of a color stain behind, without being drying. The blush duo is glorious: the left shade is matte, the right shade is INCREDIBLY sparkly, and blended together they are perfection. In the following pictures, from left to right: Tangerine Tango lipstick, left side of blush duo, the two sides blended together, and the right side of the blush duo.

No flash (more color-accurate):


 With flash:


I also felt it prudent to compare these shades to lots of other products I've heard people wondering about (please click to view full-size). These are: Revlon Coral Reef Super Lustrous lip gloss, MAC Viva Glam Cyndi Lipglass, NYX Pumpkin lipliner, Rock and Republic Hot Sauce Luxe Lip Gloss, Chantecaille Geranium Lip Chic, Chanel Egerie Rouge Coco, and Revlon Peach Colorburst lippies; and Rock and Republic Call Me, Benefit Coralista, Clinique Precious Posy, Stila Make Me Blush, Tarte Tipsy Amazonian Clay, and Fyrinnae Enchant blushes:



Lastly, here are a few Face of the Day (FOTD) pictures using both the lipstick and the blush duo. Alas, I don't remember what all I put on except for Urban Decay Electric on the lower lash line, MAC Blacktrack Fluidline on the upper lash line, and Dior Extase mascara - not sure what foundation/powder or eyeshadows I was wearing here, sorry. I meant to make this post the day I took the pictures, so I didn't write it down, and then somehow I lost a month. Forgive the silly expressions :)




Thanks for looking! Let me know in the comments what you think of this year's Sephora + Pantone collection!

P.S. I got a new job (a promotion!) that means I will no longer be working in cosmetics, which hopefully means I'll be able and willing to blog more from now on!

P.P.S. The Relay for Life blog sale is still going on! Check it out! :)

Disclaimer: I purchased the product(s) featured in this post myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

All comments are welcome, but if you are here to spam your link, your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful. Thanks!