Saturday, September 24, 2011

Kenzo Flower Tag EDT

Hi! It's been a while. I guess I just want to blog when I feel like it now. Hope that's cool with you guys. :)

This review, which is a bit overdue as the fragrance was released months ago (June?), is for the new-ish Kenzo Flower Tag EDT. You may already remember that I've been a huge fan of Kenzo fragrances since trying FlowerByKenzo La Cologne (which I will call FBKLC from now on). First of all, I can't figure out why this is, but Kenzo fragrances simply seem to last longer on my skin than fragrances by other brands (and I have a decent assortment of EDPs, EDTs, colognes, and body mists). Secondly, I love their packaging - the tall, thin, leaning bottles hold great aesthetic appeal for me. Thirdly, and most importantly, each of the scents I've tried so far simply melt into my skin and feel comfortable on me - they're quite different, but each feels very "me."

I've been wearing Flower Tag on and off since June when I first got it to try out, and I have to say, it feels more complex to me each time I put it on. According to Kenzo's press release, Flower Tag's notes are:

Fruity: rhubarb, blackcurrant, mandarin (mmm)
Floral: peony, lily of the valley (mmm), jasmine (mmmmm)
Sensual: tea note, vanilla (mmmmm), musk (mmm)

I guess you can see why I like it. It's got many of my favorite fragrance components in it!

Anyway. This reminds me somewhat of FBKLC, which is the first Kenzo fragrance I tried. FBKLC is still my more "comfortable" and "in my own skin" scent of the two, the one I might wear on an evening in, grilling burgers in the backyard with family, or to a casual lunch date with an old girlfriend. Flower Tag is the one I would wear with a sexy little black dress on a date night with my boyfriend. It's a little more elegant than FBKLC, but still playful, young, and flirty. I'm not well-versed in high class and couldn't tell you what the third fork or second knife in your fancy place setting is for, so I might normally feel out of place at a candlelit dinner in an upscale restaurant, but wearing Flower Tag might help me feel like I belong in one.

Kenzo graciously sent me a press sample of this fragrance to try out for my blog, but I assure you, my opinion here is true. I will wear this until it's gone... you should see how much I've used up of my FBKLC! :)

4 comments:

  1. I bought mine over 6 months ago and one thing I love about Kenzo is their products packaging. It's so gorgeous. I super love the smell so much...Sexy and simple.

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome, but if you are here to spam your link, your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful. Thanks!