Friday, May 21, 2010

FOTD with Wet 'n' Wild Lust Palette

Hi lovelies :) I'm getting ready to go to a party tonight. I'll see a few old friends there for whom I'd like to look presentable, but it's also a casual event, so I figured I'd do something a bit more fun than usual (here's a little secret about me: I almost always wear neutrals on my eyes when I'm not playing with colors at home by myself!). Enter the Wet 'n' Wild Lust eyeshadow palette ($5 at most drugstores).

I'd heard great things about the new Wet 'n' Wild palettes, but had no interest in any of them since none of the color combinations appealed to me. However, when I heard they were BOGOF at Rite Aid this week, I figured I'd give two of them a shot and bought Lust and Pride. I haven't played with Pride yet, but I must confess, I'm amazed by Lust. I really underestimated these palettes! The shadows are super soft and buttery, but not "crumbly" like some softer eyeshadows from the drugstore can be. They're definitely comparable to many higher end eyeshadows I've used. In my experience, it's particularly hard to find good matte eyeshadows in the drugstore - and the mattes in these aren't just "good," they're excellent (as are the shimmery shades!).

I wasn't convinced I could wear the purples in Lust without looking bruised, but I decided to experiment with them anyway, and I love the result. Unfortunately, the only lighting available to me right now is less than ideal, so I didn't bother with taking product pictures or swatches. I went ahead and took a few FOTD pictures, though. (For my newer readers - hi friends! - FOTD stands for Face of the Day.)

Here goes...

Flash:


No flash:


Close-ups:




Here's the full product breakdown:

Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion on lids
Wet 'n' Wild Lust palette on eyes
Clinique Lash Power mascara
Clinique Superfine Liner for Brows in Soft Brown
Revlon Colorstay foundation in Ivory on cheeks and chin
MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light as a finishing powder
Smashbox Ecstasy blush
Chantecaille Sari Rose Lip Chic

If you'd like to see product pictures and/or another possible eye look you could create with this palette, please feel free to check out Nouveau Cheap's post on it here. Love it!

5 comments:

  1. wow! that hair color looks really good on you! you look younger, and your face looks slimmer! And I have always loved wet n wild eyeshadow! their old palettes were good, too! But i do agree: these new palettes? WOW!!! Love the fotd! You should do these more often! =] pretty pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have the Lust palette along with a few others from Wet n' Wild. Like you, I am very impressed with them! They have really stepped up their game which has saved me a lot of money. This is a great look on you. You're gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the link love!! I'm so glad you love these shadows too! That eye look is gorgeous on you. And in the pic w/o flash, it looks like we have the exact same hair color. Yay! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm loving this palette on you and that lip chic is absolutely PERFECT with your colouring. Speaking of which, your hair colour is hotness! ^_^

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome, but if you are here to spam your link, your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful. Thanks!