Tuesday, April 27, 2010

O hai!

Hi friends,

You know how when you stop working on a project, the longer you procrastinate on picking it up again, the harder it gets to do so at all? I guess blogging is like that, too. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve sat on planes, trains, and buses writing and re-writing this post in my head. I actually did get it on paper at one point over a month ago – but it was a rather lengthy, apologetic, explanation-laden construction. I didn’t like it, but I didn’t know why. So, on the loving advice of a dear friend, I decided today to scrap that post, write a new one, and post it today.

I’ve felt terribly guilty about disappearing for so long, but now I realize that being busy with my senior year of college is a pretty good reason for refraining from blogging. School has always come first. If blogging were my job, I’m sure you’d have heard from me more often, but as long as it remains a hobby, spending time on my work and (precious) time with my loved ones will take priority.

The other thing that’s held me back from posting at times is my insecurity about the content of my posts. When I started this blog, I set the bar pretty high for myself in terms of swatching all the available shades of a particular product, and I just can’t afford to do that anymore when there aren’t testers available. I still have a year’s worth of swatches backlogged to catch up on, so you’ll continue to see those “mass swatching” posts periodically, but probably not for newer products. Sometimes I’ll post just a few shades; sometimes I’ll post only a review. Heck, I might even get really crazy sometimes and post things you’ve never seen from me before – I have all kinds of wild ideas rolling around in my head about tutorials, a “my favorite things” series, nail care and polish posts, you name it. As always, I’m open to requests, but I can’t always promise I’ll be able to accommodate them.

Moral of the story: from now on, I’m going to post what I want, when I want, and stop feeling bad about it, and I hope you’ll still love me despite this change. Don’t give up on me if you don’t hear from me for a while: I promise I’ll let you know first if I ever decide to abandon this ship for good. Thanks for sticking with me.

4 comments:

  1. I was keeping my hopes, waiting for your return =] Glad to see you back (even if not for long). Your ideas for new types of posts seem very interesting; I approve! And I agree. Don't worry or feel guilty about not blogging as much as you would want to. School comes first! Good luck with everything! Best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even if not for long? Oh, but I plan to stick around :) I may just end up posting rather intermittently until my life smoothes out a bit (if it ever does). Thanks for not giving up on me! Hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you back! I will read & enjoy your posts however you decide to do them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh awesome! i got the feel from the post that you weren't going to be, but yay! XD

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome, but if you are here to spam your link, your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful. Thanks!