Monday, August 31, 2009

Maybelline SuperStay Foundation

Hi darlings!

I'm sorry about the long hiatus since my last post. I just got back to school and in general have been crazy-busy lately. I wish I could commit to more regularity for you, but I'm finally realizing that's just not going to happen - sometimes you may see posts weeks apart, while other times it may be a matter of minutes if I just want to get the posting out of the way. I know it's not ideal, but since when is life ever ideal? :) Please remember that you are always welcome to subscribe by email if you don't want to have to check for new postings when they can be so inconsistent at times.

In any case, today's post is on Maybelline Superstay foundation (the newly released version). I'm sorry to tell you that I don't have much to say about this, as I haven't tried it myself; none of the shades are light enough to match my face, so I didn't bother purchasing any. (I was able to do this set of swatches using testers at a local drugstore.) I've heard mixed reviews about it - but that tends to be the case with just about every foundation, doesn't it?

This comes in is an open-mouthed glass bottle with a screw-off lid, similar to Revlon Colorstay, and retails for $10 at most drugstores.


SuperStay Foundation:
Porcelain Ivory, Sand Beige, Classic Ivory, Natural Beige, Nude, Classic Beige, Pure Beige, Natural Tan, True Beige, Honey Beige, Caramel, Cocoa

7 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you are back. I really missed your swatches;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the swatches. helped me alot. im so confused. we dont have it here in aus yet
    im a revlon natural tan

    i think i may order true beige and honey beige and just mixit up... i dont know :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. dO YOU BUY ALL THE COLORS JUST TO SWATCH THEM?

    THANKS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. duh! i didnt read the whole post before asking! thanks anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for swatching these! :) I've seen swatches on another girl's arm and your swatches seem way darker! But I figured out why : you're really pale! :) Btw Cocoa looks almost like melted chocolate! :)

    The lightest shade they have what do you think it would similar to in L'Oreal True Match or Revlon Colorstay? This foundation is not available in Greece, so I'm just trying to guess my shade! Thanks! :)

    Btw new follower here! :) Would you mind checking out my blog too? I'd really appreciate it! :)

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the swatches!
    I hope I made the right choice of shade >.<

    ReplyDelete
  7. It seems that somebody "borrowed" your content (but thanks to them, I'm here :D ):
    http://sif.gefoib.dyndns-at-work.com/glcspx.html

    But be careful before you visit that address, my antivirus had some things to say about it :| .

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome, but if you are here to spam your link, your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful. Thanks!