Monday, March 30, 2009

Wet 'n' Wild Lip Lacquers

Hmm. I had heard that these were supposedly Wet 'n' Wild's answer to glossy-finish, slim-tubed lipsticks like Chantecaille Lip Chics and the like, but I think either my memory has deceived me or the person who told me that was on crack. These are not glossy at all, and are in fact remarkably matte. Some of the colors have shimmer, but even those still manage to look almost two-dimensional somehow. I wouldn't say that these are drying in and of themselves, but on the occasions when I've worn one over dry-ish lips, I felt like they accentuated the dryness - flaky spots were more visible, that kind of thing. With that said, though, these are truly rich colors, and would be a great find for anyone who likes the idea of replicating a classic fifties look with matte red lips, for example.

Fortunately, Wet 'n' Wild is particularly affordable (even as drugstore lines go), so if you're curious, there's not much harm in giving these a try. :) They retail for $3 each and are available at Rite Aid, Walgreens, drugstore.com, and so on. As far as I can tell, they have no noticeable scent (Thanks, Ghoulina!). Oh, and sorry for the messy application on these - I was tired =P


Lip Lacquer: Fling, Passionate, Enamored, Rapture, Fetish, Lustful, Flirtatious, Risque, Fierce

7 comments:

  1. These look gorgeous - but then...I love matte lips! Do they have a scent?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoops, thanks for the reminder! I just edited the post. No, they don't have much of a scent, as far as I can tell...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just discovered your blog. WHERE HAD I BEEN??? I love the way you do the swatches. I love how colours show so well on your lips too. beautiful! I added your blog to my blog roll. Going to come by here very often from now on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Just found your blog.. Your like the swatching princess! Keep it up :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. wowww so many lippies!! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  6. those swatches on your arm are not true to their actual color. 'Fierce' is not an orangey-red but a pinkish plum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, these are from 2009. Wet n Wild may have changed the colors over the past 4 years, or created new colors and recycled old names.

      Delete

All comments are welcome, but if you are here to spam your link, your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful. Thanks!