Monday, March 30, 2009

“And forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.”

Dear readers,

The quote above is by Kahlil Gibran, a Lebanese poet who was my grandpa's favorite author and whose simple words somehow never fail to reach deep into my heart in ways that even the most ornately polished proverbs cannot. When I came across these words this evening, I realized all at once what I've known but not understood for weeks: I've created so many commitments for myself that, between these constructs of my own and my academic responsibilities, I'm not leaving myself enough time to live a truly satisfying life. I want to do well in my classes - but more than that, I need to remind myself of what it feels like to run on a dirt trail, lie in wet grass, cook a good meal, take a bubble bath, and read a favorite book in bed.

This means a couple of things for you, dear readers: you're probably overwhemed by the sheer volume of swatches I've just posted all at once, as well as wondering what you can expect from here on out. Well, I want to clear out my clutter, because I know that mental and emotional peace is easier to find when I don't have to look for it under every pile of clothes, box of tissue paper, textbook, and traincase in my room, and that means, in part, getting rid of a lot of the cosmetics I've accumulated since I started blogging. Hence, I've posted everything I have left to post at the moment so I can consider myself done with these items and they can go in the "out" pile. (Oh, who am I kidding? It's an "out" mountain.) As for the other piece: no, I'm not abandoning the blog; you just might not see as much of me for a little while as I start to remove all this figurative duct tape covering the holes in my life and search for the pieces that will actually fit and ultimately fill those voids.

Thank you, and I'll see you again one day soon. :)

7 comments:

  1. I know the feeling--as a college student I feel like my life tends to "snowball" out of control at times. Thanks so much for all you've done with the blog, your swatches are always beautiful and so, so helpful. I await your return and wish you ALL the luck in the world finding peace. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for realizing it! And good luck! Bubble baths aren't worth giving up for practically anything, in my opinion. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. K, first of all, this is a beautiful post. Though I don't have a blog or comparable online commitments, I find myself in much the same position. The realization that life has become flatter and less joyous as it was or should be must be the most important step, right? Surely old habits die hard, and I know it'll be difficult (for me, at least) to re-channel my time and increase both my efficiency and my satisfaction. But it can, and must, be done!
    I know you deny your generosity, but what you are most generous with is your knowledge. You've taught a makeup newbie like me so very much; thanks to you, I feel that I've made smarter purchases and have begun to enjoy makeup more in general. Just know how much all of your work has been and will continue to be appreciated--whenever you have time to update, know that you have loyal readers who love and are grateful for your blog. And in the meantime, take care of yourself and seek the life-luster you're missing. You have my sincerest wishes of luck and happiness.
    --Hannah
    (PS: Do PM me when the sale goes live! :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Horray!! I'm so glad to hear that you are going to stop and smell the roses for once. Or in the words of Ferris Beuller, "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and take a look around once in a while you could miss it". Glad yo to hear you are going to take better care of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was a beautiful, hearfelt post Kristina.. and I am happy that you are seizing this time to slow down and *breathe*

    I appreciate all that you have taught me (makeup and otherwise).. and I know you have done the same for many people out there.

    If you ever feel overwhelmed, you can call me to vent.. I am always within reach.
    I am happy for you and I wish you the best.
    I know we will be in touch outside of MUA.

    *snuggles*

    ~Teresa

    ReplyDelete
  6. The most important thing is to take care of yourself - we will be waiting when you come back. Enjoy smelling the roses :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey! Just wanted to say thank you for commenting on my blog. I hadn't even realized I had forgotten to put the name of the swatches up. Thank you for letting me know. I apologize. I was in a bit of a rush that night and got sidetracked. The names are there now. Always let me know cause I am very forgetful. Thanks again! Hope this helps :D
    Erica

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome, but if you are here to spam your link, your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful. Thanks!