Friday, February 6, 2009

L'Oreal Colour Juice Sticks

Okay, ONE more post and then I'm going to bed! XD

I am actually dead tired, but you know what? I love these so, so much that I didn't want to wait to share them with you all. Seriously. I love them so much it's made me impatient to post about them.

I don't know about the production timeline on these products, but it seems to me that these Colour Juice Sticks are L'Oreal's answer to Chantecaille's Lip Chics - they are, as the box states, "sheer, light, and luscious." I feel like a fool repeating someone else's ad campaign (I should be getting paid for this, right?), but I couldn't agree more; as someone who loves sheer lipstick colors and has unbelievably dry and chapped lips this time of year, these are a dream come true for me, and I stumbled upon them completely by accident, too! They are almost all truly gorgeous shades, and each one is intensely moisturizing - my lips were peeling and almost bleeding in places when I started swatching, and you'd think that putting on and then taking off 10 different lipsticks would make that worse, no? Doing that with eyeshadow has been killing my lids lately, that's for sure... and yet, I kid you not, my lips were in far better shape upon removal of the 10th lipstick than they were when I started.

These feel like a combination lipstick-lipgloss-lip balm going on the lips - I can't even describe how luxurious it feels and how pampered my lips feel just putting one on. The matte ones (all but three - Berry Spritzer, Island Punch, and Strawberry Fields have a small amount of shimmer/sparkle) in particular... man. I am just swooning over the texture of these. If I were to somehow have all of my perfect lip colors in this line (whatever they would be), I'd swap all my other lipsticks in a heartbeat and just keep these.

The last thing I want to add about them is a little nudge in Chantecaille's direction: while I love the texture of Lip Chics as well, not a damn one of them works on me - the colors are just off somehow. I think they're all too warm for me, or something like that. And yet L'Oreal has managed to come up with a few shades that I just love, and for more like $8-10 a pop...! Go figure, huh?

Without further ado (and with more LOTDs to come as I am able to get more of them in natural light over the next couple of days - the sun set in the my swatching session today):


More soon to come! :)

Colour Juice Stick: Berry Spritzer, Chai Love You, Cherry Freeze, Island Punch, Mango Tango, Personali-Tea, Pink Lemonade, Plum Crazy, Strawberry Fields, Watermelon Ice

14 comments:

  1. Oh man... those are so pretty - I love Chai Love You and if they're as moisturizing as you say, I will have to pick up a couple!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, berry spritzer and island punch look fantastic on you.
    I can't see the rest of the lotd's.. I think I will be getting mango tango at the very least.
    These sound like they are right up my alley.

    One thing you forgot to include though chicky.. how much are they??

    I am so happy I was able to see these on your lips first b/c otherwise I would be sitting in the store debating on which one to get.

    p.s. get some sleep!!!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I meant to say "I can't wait to see the rest of the lotd's" not that I can't see them. lol
    goodnight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look really nice! I think I will have to get one. Do you know if they are new? I have never really paid much attention to L'Oreal stuff, but now I am looking for nice inexpensive makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for posting about these! I bought a couple when they 1st came out and had completely forgotten about them. I pulled them out today and they are just as nice as you said. I just wish they didn't have that sweet fruit punch kind of smell!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the comments!! I just LOVE getting so much feedback :D

    Ariana, you're welcome :)

    Cat, I can't speak to how they will work on everyone, but on me personally, these are the most moisturizing lipsticks I've ever tried. I'd highly recommend you try one - and Chai Love You is definitely a gorgeous color - very neutral, should be flattering on most skin tones!

    Teresa, thanks! I LOVE Berry Spritzer... and that picture... lol. It does make my lips look pretty luscious, doesn't it? ;-) and thanks for catching the price thing - I'll add that in - IIRC, they're $8-10 each, depending on where you find them.

    Zanne, they are actually not new at all, they just aren't that well known... hopefully that will change!

    Chelsea, I like the smell XD hehe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great to see all the shades in one post. Thank you for taking the time. It's a new blog, but fun to read. Keep it the good work. Thanks

    juan_hurrican (at) yahoo (dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have three Chai I Love Yous...one at work, home, in my bag. It's a great formulation. I have all the colors but a couple. I'm glad to see someone else appreciates these too!:) Love your blog. So helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know this is an old post, but I just love your swatches and I just pulled out from my stash... a Colour Juice Stick in Pink Lemonade (I'd swapped for it a month or so ago and hadn't really thought about it)! I had to go onto your blog and see what other colors were available. I LOVE the smell, and they are so moisturizing too! Mine isn't very pigmented, but it is pretty. I'll have to try and find some of the other colors.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great to see swatches here!
    keep it going!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Arrgghhh, apparently these have been discontinued. :( A friend gave me 4 or 5 new color juice sticks still in the boxes. I LOVE them as much as you did, but they are now out of production :( I'm so bummed. I completely hate the L'Oreal Juice lip gloss, especially the Hip versions. Gloppy and sticky like motor oil. Ugh...

    ReplyDelete

All comments are welcome, but if you are here to spam your link, your comment will be deleted. Please be respectful. Thanks!