I'm neglecting my poor DBF right now, so I'll keep this short and sweet by limiting myself to a few key points:
- I love the Book of Shadows. I use it more than any other palette I own (including my custom ones); you can create some fabulous color combinations, and the texture and payoff of UD shadows is truly unbeatable, in my opinion. They're simply the best.
- People have complained about the ridiculous packaging of this palette. I agree that the crazy cardboard drawer system with silly pop-ups is more than a little useless and annoying. With that said, I get REALLY tired of people complaining about it, because it's so easily fixable - just remove the drawer from the outer packaging entirely, and keep it that way. I did that the day I bought it and haven't regretted it for a moment. When I want to keep it protected for travel, I put it in a big Ziploc bag. Seriously.
- Yes, Sidecar and Gridlock look as similar in real life as they do in the pictures. They're both gorgeous shades, but not far from being the same color, so I'm not really sure why UD included both in this palette.
- Grifter and Midnight Cowboy are too glittery, to the point of being chunky. I don't use these two at all.
- My favorite shades in this palette are Shakedown (which, by the way, is as close of a dupe to Lancome's Erika F. as I've ever seen), Protest, Shattered, Smog, and Gridlock.
- A few fun color combinations I've come up with and loved so far:
- Gridlock + Smog
- Shattered + Absinthe + Mayhem + Goddess
- Scandal + Last Call + Perversion
- and many more..
Book of Shadows: Perversion, Last Call, Grifter, Mayhem, Baked, Smog, Sidecar, Gridlock, Shakedown, Roach, Scandal, Midnight Cowboy, Goddess, Shattered, Absinthe, Protest