So, here are my thoughts on these:
1. So many of them are so gorgeous that I don't know what to do with myself except squirm a little.
2. They have fantastic staying power (took FOREVER to get the stripes off my arm!).
3. They are appropriately priced for their quality and the quantity that comes in each pot ($21 each).
4. I can't recall ever hearing a reasonable argument against them (i.e., never seen a bad review that didn't essentially just say "this suxxx").
5. The brush that the BB SA suggested I use on them (incidentally, also the brush depicted above) sucks bigtime (see messy swatches for evidence of this). Go for a fine or angled eyeliner brush, please; if you want a smudged line, use a smudge brush afterward. This brush gives a messy, uneven line that's hard to fix or make it look "correctly" smudged. I know smudging isn't supposed to be perfect, but think of it as the ponytail that's messy in an "I need a shower" way, not a "check-me-out sexy" way.
6. Don't trust the names and assume that a lack of the word "shimmer" in the title means there's no shimmer. Violet Ink does have shimmer in real life. On that note, Indigo Ink does NOT have shimmer, as it appears to in the swatch; unfortunately, I think the shimmer present in that swatch was probably residue left on the brush from the previous swatch. (The SA was getting rude and impatient with me by this point and had decided that instead of letting me wash the brush myself between uses, she should take it from me and wipe it with a dry tissue instead.)
7. My favorites were Violet Ink, Chocolate Shimmer Ink, Graphite Shimmer Ink, Sapphire Shimmer Ink, Cobalt Ink, Ivy Shimmer Ink, and Black Mauve Ink. I find the shimmery ones way more enticing than the matte ones, partially because I enjoy some amount of shimmer (and none of the shimmery ones are too over the top except maybe the Bronze - the Stila Bronze Smudge Pot is a better alternative), but mostly because I found the majority of the matte liners to be far less vibrant in color than the shimmer ones. With that said, I also find them to be rather sophisticated in appearance, so they would probably be perfect for the daytime, 9-5 look.
Long-Wear Gel Eyeliner: Black Mauve Shimmer Ink, Indigo Ink, Graphite Shimmer Ink, Ivy Shimmer Ink, Chocolate Shimmer Ink, Sapphire Shimmer Ink, Bronze Shimmer Ink, Black Plum Ink, Espresso Ink, Granite Ink, Hunter Ink, Violet Ink, Cobalt Ink, Sepia Ink, Black Ink